All the little (and big) naughty and nice writers are hunkering down to make lists of fun writer swag they’d like to find beneath their Christmas trees.
To help you get started shopping for the writer in your life, I’ve collected a few interesting ideas sure to surprise and please.
1. Does your writer complain about feeling lost halfway through her manuscript? This compass necklace should help her find her way to “The End.” And he’ll enjoy this as a keychain with the necklace removed.
2. Keep your writer cozy and comfortable while she or he wrestles with the prose.
For her: It’s hard to concentrate on writing when your hands are feeling the winter chill.
For him: There’s no rule that socks (or books) must be conventional. Encourage your writer’s controversial soul while warming his soles.
3. Your well-dressed writer will enjoy flashing these cufflinks at his first book signing.
4. As your writer’s stack of published books grows, she’s going to need something to keep them upright and organized, so everyone can see just how much she’s accomplished.
5. The writer in your life probably needs no reminder that it’s always time to write, but let him geek out with this watch. He might write the opening line to his best-seller on the band.
Or maybe your writer prefers to watch a wall clock.
6. Help your favorite writer name it and proudly claim it in his or her favorite color.
Next week I’ll share some gift ideas that will help your writer be his or her most productive self.